Hmmmmmmmmm....

So......this is the first time in a very loooooooong time that I'm not working. Since we've been in Brazil I have, in effect, been a stay at home mom. I am in charge of "managing" the house. The kids are in school all day so for the first time in quite awhile, I actually get some time to myself. I'm not used to having this much time on my hands and I really don't know what to do with it. I need to make this house into a home but some days I just want to sit on my ass and eat ice cream. I guess I am entitled to take a bit of time for myself, but why does it make me feel so damn guilty? I feel like I should be taking on all of these creative projects, after all I do have an apartment to decorate. I really should be documenting my progress. I guess I'll start to post what I'm supposed to be doing so maybe it'll light a fire under my ass to get some things done. Don't get me wrong, my day is spent dealing with the minutiae of getting settled. I just feel like I should be a bit more crafty now that I don't have the excuse of working and taking care of a family full time. So I'll use this blog as a platform to post what I like, what I want and how I did it!

Ready. Set. GO!

First project:

No-sew curtains for the living room and our bedroom. 

 
I found a great tutorial on this site and also this site. The only issue is that I haven't been able to find Stitch Witchery or curtain clips here in Brazil. I did purchase some craft glue so we'll see if I can work it out with that. I'm still stumped about the curtain clips though. Maybe I can do grommet drapes as per this tutorial here. Feel free to add any suggestions in the comments. I'll post the whole ordeal when it's done.

Tchau tchau!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More