I've been missing in action for awhile and I apologize. I told myself that I'd try to post at least once a day but it's been a bit crazy. Me and the fam went to Buenos Aires for a small vacation. It was a nice little trip, although at the end I was about ready to pull my hair out. I'm learning that with children, there really is no such thing as vacation unless you go solo and leave them with Grammy. You never know when someone is gonna lose their shit and have a meltdown. Fifi is two so that's usually about every 10 minutes. Toots is 10 months and still is like a compact lil handbag. The weather was absolutely beautiful!! It's the end of summer there and it wasn't too hot or cold. It was nice and breezy during the day and cool at night. Perfect sleeping weather. One thing I love about Argentina is breakfast. Each morning we would walk to a local cafe and have cafe con leche with Medialunas. The Medialuna is basically a croissant with a lil bit of crack sprinkled on top.


The pastries and cakes in general are just crazy! I don't understand how people aren't unbelievably overweight. My husbands favorite cake is a Torta Rogel and boy is it cracktastic!!


Whenever we are there I always have to bring back these. Alfajores and Galletitas de limon.

We went to this pretty cool bookstore that was inside an old theater. The cafe was right on the stage and they had the catwalks overhead and all of the original stage lighting. Hubs had a piece of that cracktastic cake I was talking about earlier.





Until next time...

Tchau tchau!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More