My Style

I'd like to think that I'm pretty fashion forward. When I feel like it. When I'm not covered in leftover food and other unmentionable things the kids get on me. I think I've always had my own style. I follow trends just a lil bit, but over the years I've finally figured out what works best for my body. I've always been a big big fan of pattern, especially African wax prints and Indian prints as well. Not only do I think these types of prints work great for apparel, but home goods as well. Below I'd like to introduce, showcase, show off these wonderful companies that I have found over the years.

Martine's Dream

I have had the honor of purchasing some of these pieces at the Brooklyn Flea when we still lived in NYC. Debbie is such a beautiful, kind soul. Plus her clothes are absolutely divine!! The pieces are just so versatile and work on almost anyone. I need a massive shipment sent to me in Argentina ASAP! Luckily for all of you New Yorkers, she opened her brick and mortar shop on April 1st. I am sooooo jealous!! Please take a look at her website and facebook page.


My Asho Market

This UK based clothing company has a beautiful offering of clothing options as well as different fabrics to choose from. I absolutely LOVE the textiles used for their products. So bright and vibrant. Plus, they offer international shipping! Take a look at their website.


Yevu

Yevu is a clothing line made ethically in Ghana, based in Australia. The West African wax prints are sourced there. They have apparel for both men and women and the prints are fantastic! Still fairly young, they launched their first collection in October 2013. And YES, they also ship internationally!


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More