Back to School!!



I know I've been missing in action, I've gone back to school!!! Well, not exactly, but I am taking some online summer courses through Make it in Design! A great site for getting help in the world of surface pattern design. I've decided to go HARD and take all three tracks(beginner, intermediate, advanced) cuz you know, I'm an overachiever. So far it's been a great experience, finding time to actually work and creating under the pressure of a deadline. Plus, I've gotten the opportunity to join a facebook group with a bunch of like-minded folks and it's been a pleasure to see all of the great work and also exchange ideas and get feedback. Below I've posted some of my submissions and also ideas that have sprouted up as well. Enjoy and please feel free to comment!

 A few iterations of my work for the Beginner track. The one on the bottom is what I submitted



 Intermediate track work. The lower design is what was submitted along with the mockup of the bathing suit.


Advanced track submissions. I ran out of time but I think I'll continue to work on it a bit more anyway.

So far, this has been a wonderful experience. MIID also offers more extensive courses and you can add your profile and portfolio to their directory. Take a look here. All in all, it's been a slow burn with this passion of mine, but hopefully it will all pay off one day. I don't expect to be rich, but some licensing and a few extra bucks in my pocket would be nice.

Also, here is a link to see the wonderful works that have been submitted:
http://makeitindesign.com/summer-school/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More