Minha casa

The moment is finally here! I would like to proudly present my first home project! Awhile back I talked about making grommet top no-sew drapery for our living room. I actually made the panels over a month ago, but we just hung them this week. The process was actually much easier than I thought. I may end up being the queen of no-sew everything! Anyway, I've outlined the whole process below.


 First, I ironed about a 1" hem on the longer sides of each panel. 
Then I used hobby glue and let it dry for a bit.

 
Next, I measured a 9" hem at the bottom and a 6" hem at the top of each panel, ironed and glued those as well. 


 Now for our grommets. I went to a store that does custom window treatments and they sold me the grommets. When you actually put them on (I was able to snap these on), make sure that the one with the inner lip is on the front of your drape. I then spaced them about 9" apart and in the center of my 6" hem. Also, be sure to use an even number of grommets. Space the first and last grommet about 2" from the edge.



Finished!!! They actually look pretty good!


I didn't add a liner because I still wanted the light to shine though. All in all, I'm happy with how they came out. Stay tuned for my next project. I ordered a bunch of prints and artwork from fab.com and hubby will be bringing them back from his NYC trip.

Until next time!

Tchau tchau!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More