The kiddies

My two lil ones currently share a room. Now that we are getting settled in, I want to create a space that isn't too kiddish and also works for a boy and a girl. I found this super cute idea from 2Michaels Design. It's really sophisticated and still very playful.

Such a great idea for a headboard. It reminds me of paint samples.
I think framed art is a great idea in a child's room. Even if it's their art. This space is very orderly and uncluttered. Now let's take a look at some other options. Here are a few ideas I like on how to display their artwork.
I like the idea of displaying the art in frames. I think it can get a bit costly though.
 
 This!! I think this is a great idea but with colored string and clothes pins. I'll give it a try and let you know how it comes out.

One thing I don't want is for my kid's room to look to childish. I don't necessarily conform to gender based themes and definitely no Disney, Dora or other characters. I want something that will grow with them. A space where they can dream and imagine and enjoy.
I like the idea of having a comfy, cozy reading nook. Also, the mosquito nets over the bed are a nice feature. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Until next time!

Tchau tchau!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More