Connections

I like fashion, but I don't necessarily consider myself a fashionista. I don't follow trends and try to stick with what flatters my figure. One thing that always comes into play is a beautiful print or fabric. A nice neutral tone or pop of color. Since I've been putting myself out there and really digging into this surface design thing, I've been paying attention, close attention to trends. Fashion trends, color trends, Pantone, Pattern Observer...It's good stuff, it keeps my mind fresh and keeps those creative juices flowing. I just entered a contest (which I'll blog about after the winners have been announced so that I can show off my stuff...unless I win of course!) and now I may enter another. This one has more of a focus on fashion. In my research, I've been looking at 2015 Spring/Summer trends. Since it's Spring here in Argentina, it's perfect timing! I must admit, I'm still getting used to the way the Women dress here and I'm not yet on board so Momma Dawg is sending me a package of goodies. Here are some things I've come across in my research...Enjoy!!

Via Black Style Report
I've always been a fan of Tracy Reese(we share the same name and all). I love this dress, the cut and although I'm not usually a fan of animal print, I would sooooo rock this!! The juxtaposition of the stripe with the print just does it for me.

Via fashiontographer
The design on this Alice & Olivia dress is just stunning! And most definitely something I would wear. Not yet though, still have to tone my thighs!! I think this would work with heels or flat sandals.

Via fashiontographer
Another great piece by Alice & Olivia, this ensemble looks great together or as separates.

Via WeConnectFashion
I can't front, I'm loving the color and vibrance of this Tribal Beat girls theme for 2015. It's right up my alley.

I think documenting what inspires you is important. It keeps your ideas close at hand and I think it clears your mind to process and generate more.

I will be switching things up a bit with the blog/website as time allows (really, as the kids allow  because you know, they run shit up in here). More pretty images and more surface design.

Stay tuned!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More